How do I dry up my breast milk?

I am in so much Pain trying to wean breast-feeding. I am getting clogged milk ducts everywhere and don't know what to do. I am trying to slowly pump less and holding off pumping for more hours, but I still get lumps in my breast that are so painful! Please help!

Munjeh

Asked by Munjeh at 1:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• are you sure the things you tink are clogged milk ducts are just the milk ducts not being clogged but just part of the normal process?

its very normal for yuor boobs to get bally and sore.

use cabbage leaves to dry them up and switch out when they are wilted.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would consult La Leche. They're the milk experts!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You're suppose to wrap your chest REALLY TIGHT with an Ace bandage (or something similar) and stop breastfeeding and pumping. It can take a few days. It took me a week and it was painful but it worked. It's what my Dr's nurse told me to do. I can totally sympathize with you.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• This is going to sound strange, wear a snug fitting bra and put cabbage leaves in it. They need to be cold from the refrigerator and you leave them in until they are wilted. My mom told me to do this and it worked.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Whatever you do DO NOT WEAR ANYTHING TIGHT!!! You are already experiencing clogged ducts. Clogged ducts will turn into mastitis which is very painful and you get rather sick (high fever and whatnot) if not taken care of immediately. By wearing anything tight you will guarantee yourself more clogged ducts and most likely mastitis. If you are set on weaning you must do it gradually. Take one feeding away a week and work your way down SLOWLY!! If you quit this way you will be able to be comfortable. Have you considered continuing or donating your milk to some children that it is a matter of life or death that they receive the breastmilk?

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 9:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My freind did the cabbage leaf in her bra thing and it worked for her.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 12:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• So is it part of the process to have lumps? Do I just leave those Lumps alone or squeeze them out painfully?
    Munjeh

Comment by Munjeh (original poster) at 7:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2011