Any moms out there

that keep their children away from their father? What is your HONEST reason for doing so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes...because of alcoholism.
    Anonymous

• I did until they got old enough to want to see him themselves. He is an abusive jerk but they wanted to get to know him. Now they regret the decision. I wish they had trusted my original decision to keep them away from him.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes I dont one of them molested my other daughter and i wont let her any where around him. The father of my oldest ones just dones show any interest. So I dont feel like I keep him away he just doesnt choose to see the twins. He has a new wife and a son.
    bellabuddybug

Answer by bellabuddybug at 7:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The only person that can make a child dislike their parent is THAT parent. You did your job admckenzie....it sounds like your kids have the 411 now. If you had told them they couldn't see him you would have been the one they were mad at. You did the right thing.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I can't keep my son away from my ex. While he is a total and complete idiot, he's not bad enough to keep them away from each other.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 7:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• yes because he raped me
    Anonymous

• I keep my son away from his father and have been for the past 2 1/2 years because he was physically and emotionally abusive to me and has threatened my son's and my life.
    JustinsWife4507

Answer by JustinsWife4507 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My son's bio-father released his paternity. He has no rights and no obligations. He isn't on the birth certificate anymore. He was abusive. He lives in another state - made plans to leave the state without letting us know. I took him to court to get custody established and he announced he was moving over 2000 miles away. My attorney offered him a release of paternity and he accepted. He tells people now that he doubts it was even his kid, unless he's trying to get sympathy sex.. in that case he tells women his child was stolen from him.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i made the decision to keep my son away from his father only after repeated lies and disappearing acts for long periods of time. I told him that it wasn't good for him to pop in for a while and then not see him for an even bigger while. some of time he was in jail, other times he wasn't. the last straw was when he didn't even bother to call him on his last birthday. His father is and alcoholic and a drug user though so I feel strongly that i have made the right choice. The thought of my son being around him or his friends while in that state of mind makes me sick to my stomach. I am currently debating have papers drawn asking him to sign away his paternal rights. I would love for my husband to be able to adopt my son. he calls him daddy anyway.
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 9:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2008