is emotional affair cheating?

hubby constantly talks about his partner at work, calls her often

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I think so, df was always talking about a co worker, she was a friend of mine, i put a stop to it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think it depends. My best friend is a guy and we talk about EVERYTHING..there is nothing romantic about it but, we do talk about everything (even DH and I's sex life). Oh and we talk almost everyday. I really think it depends on the relationship..I mean if my best friend was a woman and we talked about everything no one would bat an eye but, because he is a guy its apparently "horrible" lucky my DH knows that i have been friends with this guy for 15 years and has NO problem with it....Sorry hon, I guess i can't give you a good answer just wanted to show a possibly different perspective on it.
    CONT..
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Sometimes men and women can be very close with no romantic feelings. If you are worried about talk to DH and tell him (nicely) that it makes you uncomfortable and see what his reaction is because that may tell you something. My in laws at one point made a comment about me maybe cheating on DH with my best friend and me and DH both started busting up laughing because it was the most ridiculous thing we had heard in a long time! I am sure you know your hubby better than anyone. You might be able to tell if something “funny” is going on just by his reaction. We all know our hubby’s “oh sh*t” look…talk to him and see what happens! I hope everything works out for you! Good Luck.
    momofone072506

• Neither dh or myself have relationships with the opposite sex. For one, dh finds most women very artificial and irritating(he's usually right). Secondly, I have nothing to say to another man other than dh. I like talking about girlie things with other women and shopping and such but there's nothing at all I could or would want to talk about with a guy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Oh and yes I think it's cheating.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• For one, dh finds most women very artificial and irritating(he's usually right)

LOL!! That is why most of my friends IRL are guys!!
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• How is it any different to talk about personal details with a guy then with a girl? I have never understood that. I love being able to talk to a guy about my problems because you get a TOTALLY different perspective oh and it can be REALLY helpful sometimes! Oh and i am not trying to start drama or anything I really would like to understand why so many people seem to have a problem with it...

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 2:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• momofone, to each's own. Dh and I are just on the same page with this topic and see it as being disrespectful to one another. Having a relationship with the opposite sex that isn't your own so/dh, you never know where it may"lead to" or the other person's intentions.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• heck yea to me it is!
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 3:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• to each's own. Dh and I are just on the same page with this topic and see it as being disrespectful to one another. Having a relationship with the opposite sex that isn't your own so/dh, you never know where it may"lead to" or the other person's intentions.

I am really glad you said that because i totally agree...what works for one relationship might not work for another. I personally think that i don't need to trust the "other person" as long as i trust DH and he feels the same way. It is really nice (for once) on here to disagree with someone and be able for it to be civil so thanks for that lol!

you rock

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 3:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2011