I can't fall asleep.

it's been three nights in a row straight. it's 3:40 am and i can't sleep. and i'm pregnant so i think i need all the rest i can get. It's really starting to affect me emotionally. I'm starting to feel all sorts of unhealthy things... it's making me hate my life right now. I just feel very upset about not being able to sleep. very frustrated at this point. don't mean to depress anyone. but i cant believe at this time i'm online. and i tried everything to rest on my own. warm shower... praying... reading a book... laying there for hours. so i finally logged online.

Mamma2E

Asked by Mamma2E at 3:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Health

• There a pillow u can get and put it in between them......Oh wait a minute, isn't that how u goit in the trouble in the 1st place...lol
    Anyway that pillow will take the wait of the baby and u can lay on your side when u put that pillow u got. It helped me alot!!! It take the stress off your back and align your spinal cord, I was able to sleep then. My OB told me that i can take Tylenol just not using it alot
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Experiment with whatever position necessary to be comfortable. When I was pregnant, I was sleeping on my right side with my left knee up and in dh's back. Don't know why this was comfortable to me, but it was the only way I could sleep. Believe it or not, dh didn't mind this or even notice. He sleeps like he's hibernating. I tried the pillow thing in between my legs and I couldn't stand it. I had a huge enough belly without adding more cushions. Just try and relax. Make sure the temp in your room is comfortable to you and your clothing.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I feel your pain! I have trouble sleeping and it started after I had my son who is now 9 months. You should try talking with your doctor because you are pregnant, so you would need something safe if you needed to take something.. Have you tried drinking a warm glass of milk? I hope you get back to sleeping good!
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 5:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• chamomile tea
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• How far along are you? I dont like taking meds while pregnant but I am 39 weeks tomorrow and I have been having very painful BH and also serious back pain.

My DR told me to take either one tylenol PM or a Benadryl caplet. I only do it when I feel really horrible...not every night. It helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Thank you so much ladies for all your responses. each and every reply helped me to feel a little bit better. I didn't sleep the whole night. and night before last i only slept 3 hours. I feel not great... i'm just walking and moving but i feel really out of it and really in a bad mood at the same time. well THANKS AGAIN for all your responses. I will be encouraged.
    Mamma2E

Comment by Mamma2E (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I went through the exact same thing when I was pregnant. I would sit outside on the patio for hours everynight. It could be your body getting ready for the sleepless nights ahead with you and your baby
    mommy161617

Answer by mommy161617 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2011