How can a wake up kids and make them get dress faster?

6am And I need a towing t o wake them up then the go to the living room and keeps in slow motion or mode. I always late for school. I have try but it does not work nothing.

GlitteribonMom

Asked by GlitteribonMom at 4:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• hire a drill sgt? :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Get their buns in bed earlier each night. Have everything set out in the morning so that all they really have to do when they wake up is brush their teeth, brush their hair and dress. Breakfast needs to happen in the car on the way, something you grab going out the door. No showering in the morning, looking for clothes, looking for homework, having mom sign permission slip, none of that. Move the bedtime to an earlier time. Kids need more sleep than what most adults realize.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My kids have set bed time every night and then in the morning we have a specific time for everything. We get up at 7:00, schoool doesn't start until 8:30 for them. They have 15 minutes to watch TV and then another 15 while they eat breakfast. At 7:30 we shut the TV off and they have to get dressed, brush teeth and hair and walk out the door by 8:05. Some days it doesn't work this smoothly, most it does. My children are older so we have been doing this for a long time, they know the routine.

You could have them put their clothes out the night before, and have their bags backed so they aren't looking for anything. If lunch needs to be made have them get their snacks and drinks together the night before so you only have to make a sandwich.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If it takes you longer to get them up. Put them in bed earlier and start waking them up earlier. I never have done it, but my mom woke me up once, if I didn't get up she would bring a spray bottle and spray me til I get up. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I haul them out of bed, dress them myself, and if they don't get their buns moving then they miss breakfast and only get a granola bar for the ride...seems to work for them. They go to bed every night at 8pm and wake up at 6:15...bus comes at 7.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Punish them if they don't move in the morning. If my son dawdles, he loses his nintendo ds for the day. My daughter never dawdles.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I set a timer. i get them out of bed and I set the timer. When the timer goes off they have to go eat breakfast. I reset the timer. when it goes off, they have to go brush their teeth.
    The timer seems to be a good reminder in the morning.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• make sure their clothes are ready before they go to bed. DD wears uniforms, so at 7:30pm it's time to get ready for bed, which includes putting a full uniform + underwear + shoes in the same place, so in the morning she doesn't have to lose time looking for stuff. This also allows me to do something if something is missing (run an emergency laundry load, make sure the uniform is dry, etc)
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 10:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• get clothes, bookbags, coats, ready at night, develop a routine and stick to it! Stick to a bedtime!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It will only take one day of going to school in pajamas to get them moving in the morning.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011