Any of your littles ones like this?

Aww this is so frustrating! Lol. My DD is 15 months old and she is not affectionate or likes cuddling most of the time, whereas I love cuddling her and showing her affection! She's not like that ALL the time, sometimes she likes hugging me and laying on my chest, etc but she usually gets annoyed and goes "Uuuuuuunf unnnnf mmmm" with irritation when I try to cuddle her, she just wants to be left alone to play lol. I guess she's really independent.....are any of yours kids like this?

Marianne140

Asked by Marianne140 at 6:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD was like that with me..she loved cuddling with her daddy, but not with me..She is 9 and still gives me a hard time sometimes. There are times when she will lay down with me or just give me a hug and other times when I say can I have a hug and she throws a fit. It can make you feel unloved at time, although that is not it. She just likes her independence and will come ot you when she needs you.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• She probably just wants to play. My dd will pull away from me(2 yrs old) if I continually hold her, hug her or kiss her. She isn't mad though about it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My sister's middle son, 5, has been that way from almost day one. For the longest time if you wanted a kiss from him, you had to kiss him on the forehead. He does not give you kisses or hugs. They other two boys, are very loving and affectionate.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes. Most babies go thru this stage of not wanting to be cuddled. They are trying to be independant and want to play and be left alone.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2011