Something is wrong with me, but so what!

The last few months, I have been sick... Chest pain, tired, sick. I started going to specialist finally to see what is going on. I have Hasimotos disease (thyroid disease)... I still have chronic chest pain, so they say that I have asthma. But they are afraid that I have something more severe going on. They are sending me to so many specialist and its getting expensive....

My husband was picking up meds and was alright (never been type to give you lots of encouragement and support)... Yesterday he had to pick up some meds and they were $100. He was mad, he said that he wasn't but he seemed upset with me.

I have to go to Atlanta (45 miles) tomorrow for a complete heart scan and all this stuff (more $$).... I told him I was so worried and he basically just complained about his stuff being moved.

I feel like he could care less, I have never felt so alone in this world.

I work my butt off and make pretty good money - he always talks about how "he had to pay this and he had to pay that!"..... I never thought that I would feel so guilty about being sick....

Does this sound crazy? Do you think that other men act this way?? Selfish man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Health

• I'm sure he doesn't mean to sound like a jerk....he's probably secretly worried about you and trying not to show it. Men like to appear tough. He's probably wondering about the expenses too.....that's natural. Don't worry about it, just concentrate on getting better! GL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• He could be scared & hiding it.

Yes, i do think that other men act this way.

I would aks him if he cares at all that there could be something serious wrong.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Unless he is a complete ass, I think maybe this is his way of dealing. Possibly he is really worried about you. Or he could just be an ass!! Both the diseases you mentioned are serious without treatment. Stick with the diagnosis process and worry about the money later. Like you said you work too.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Is it possible he is worried and doesn't know how to express it. But in retrospect he is an adult and he should be supporting you and going with you to these appointments. I wish you the best.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It does sound selfish, but giving him the benefit of doubt here. He may also be overwhelmed with what's going on with you. I think men express things in different ways, so he might actually be scared, and not sure how to deal with it. Is this making any sense to you? No excusing his behavior by now means, just trying to give other ideas why he is acting this way. Has he been to the doctor with you? It might help if he goes with you, so he can better understand that this is serious.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I talked to him this morning about my fears that something is wrong with my heart and he changed the subject. It just breaks my heart. He is the "tough guy" type...but feeling so alone is making things so much harder for me. I feel like I am totally alone right now. It's easy to start feeling like he doesn't love me...all I need is marriage problems on my plate.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• When it comes right down he's scared shit less and mad. Not at you but at the situation. He wants to make everything and you better. Men want to fix things, and he just can't so he feels inadequate. Less then a man. I'll bet he's also very scared of losing you and just doesn't know how to deal. Try to gently talk with him. Even though you need his support he also needs yours, Men are weaker when it comes to dealing with big emotional crisis in our lives.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• so he is an ass!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Oh No... he has not went to any drs with me and when I tell him what they say.... he forgets and has no idea what I'm talking about. I really don't talk to him a lot about it, so it’s not that he is annoyed by the constant talking.. I try to just pretend like nothing is going on. It is starting to mess with me that my health issues area a source of his anger and annoyance...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My husband has been like that when I am sick. He's probably stressed, and worried, but is focussing on the money rather than on being worried about you...at least that is what my husband did, and he ended up taking it out on me....grrrrr.....talk to him, he may not realize...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011