WYR: Have kids go to school year-round or have the summers off?

I think they need the summrs off. Let them be kids!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 7:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in

• I agree let them kids and have the summers off!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Summers off. I live on the beach so Id be upset if dd wasnt able to go with me. Before I moved here full time Id come down on weekends. Those were the best days of my life
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• year round..they get more breaks in between.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Love having summers off! We can enjoy the beautiful days & do more things together as a family. BBQ's, swimming, Cedar Point, etc., The break from daily homework, packing lunches, etc is nice too. (And my dau does the library summer reading program so her brain doesnt completely shut down! -lol)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Summers off. Summer is for adventures.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Summers off. My kids go to sleep away camp where they learn independence and things you can't learn in a classroom environment. They do need breaks to explore other things.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Year round school. They several vacations throughout the year, and they get a lot more accomplished in school.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Year round better for education.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• summers off. we like to go to museums, outings, parks, and the library in the summer. They're more to learning than can be found at school.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 8:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• year round. they loose so much and have to spend so much time reviewing last years work when back in school. they still get the weekends plus breaks so its not that big of a deal. you can still go to museums and beaches and parks and libraries that shouldnt stop any of that. i hope you are still doing all that during the school year now, at least i know we do.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2011