Will the healthcare bill survive the SCOTUS?

How will the interstate commerce clause (the power grabbing tool of congress) apply when health insurance can not be sold interstate?

How is NOT buying a product or service, commerce?

Arrogance of the Progressives is shining brightly when they did not even have the sense to put a severability clause in the bill so that parts could survive if stricken down.

So now we likely will have both major pieces of legislation of the Obama adm with a big red FAIL attached to it.

All economists have conceded that the stimulus has failed (even though progressives have attributed it to its small size) yet he continues to push the lie that "we have broken the back of the recession." His bureaucracy puts out a GDP growth rate of 3.4 percent for the fourth quarter. BS. The price deflator he used to discount the impact of inflation on the supposed GDP growth was a crazy 0.3 percent for the fourth quarter. But the Consumer Price Index rose by 2.6 percent in the same quarter. Almost all of the GDP growth is just rising prices, not a recovering economy.

Can we wake up the supporters to the fact that this adm is a HUGE FAIL, yet?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Can we wake up the supporters to the fact that this adm is a HUGE FAIL, yet?

--
    Nope.Everyone IRL that I know that liked Obama years ago still adore the man. We can vote him out in 2012 and never speak his name in this country again. That's my plan. Anywhoo.....Moving on to Repeal and Replace now. I've supported every Pub I could that has the agenda and each Pub Governor with the same through the RWF. His economic policies have failed, and now his foreign policies are failing. I have no idea what the heck he is talking about with breaking the back of the recession, UE is still around 9.5% with home values plummeting and other prices rising. It's going to be a bumpy ride.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Nope.Everyone IRL that I know that liked Obama years ago still adore the man.

Funny, most I know, don't. They are wishing they would have voted for Hillary or McCain.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Must be a regional thing. All the Obama lovers I know are in the Ohio, NY areas and still like him. I do not know anyone in NC, VA, MS, AL, or GA that liked Obama other than one man and he still likes Obama. He's ex military, christian, has a great job and bitches about taxes cause he is not a homeowner and pays alot. There is just ONE thing about him though I suspect causes him to love Obama still otherwise.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Allright GW
    the first cartoon made me laugh. The second made me puke.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• LOL, GW, funny. Agree on the second one with jewjew.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Nope, I don't think anything will change most of his supporters minds. It will just be something else to fuel their hatred of Republicans
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They wont wake up because they are following blindly. Kinda funny since I remember hearing the same thing about anyone who supported Bush, and how dumb everyone was to like Bush because he was a failure blah blah. Now they are doing the same exact thing, and lets face it, Obama is 10x worse then Bush. He hasnt stopped the wars. He has added to our debt. Our unemployment is high. Our gas is over $3 a gallon (when Bush was in office ppl screamed about it) and its going to go up. The situation in Egypt is going to make things worse I think (gas wise), and and and.............oh whats the point.

Answer by gemgem at 8:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

***

Of course, I'M wondering if there is anyone out there who DID NOT vote for Obama, who now wishes they DID!?!? I tell ya, that's one piece of history I'm glad I wasn't responsible for!!

LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2011