Do your children have a weekday bedtime AND a weekend bedtime?

Do you have a different time for when they go to bed on school nights verses weekends? Those that are in separated/divorced households...do your bedtimes differ from that of your former spouse?

Sorry, just curious. My kids crash where they land on the weekends. Weekdays, in bed by 9, lights out by 10p. Saturdays they crash as late as midnight or even 2 am...so they can spend time with their daddy...but Sunday goes back to School night time.

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 8:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes. It's only been in the last couple of years, though. Bedtime on school nights is 8pm (lights out). They are 10, 9, 8 and 4.
    On weekends and holidays it's 9pm or, occasionally later if they behave. In that...if they aren't behaving they go to bed at 8pm or even earlier since they are obviously tired. In the summer they are usually in bed by 10pm since they rarely come in from playing outside before 9pm and then they need baths (usually) and some time to wind down.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My kids have the same bedtime no matter what day of the week it is. My oldest son has autism, so we just keep things the same.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Both my kids are ADHD. They need order and a set bed time helps them. Now that they are 12 and 14 the weekends are slacked but Sun- Thurs. bed time is 9:00 and 9:30m respectively.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Mine's in Jr Hi, so we're a bit more lenient, but he has to be in his room doing a quiet activity by 9pm. He doesn't have to sleep, but he does have to be in his room winding down. He's got Special Needs, so for us, that need to have a clear end to the day is theraputic for us all.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My 2 year old and my 6 month old have the same schedule on the weekend as on weekdays, just for consistency's sake. My 9, 11, and 13 year olds are allowed to stay up until 10 on weekend nights and sleep as late as they wish. My ex has roughly the same bedtimes when they are at his house.

Answer by missanc at 9:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• 8 o'clock every night, but my girls are still pretty little. As they get older it may change a bit.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• 8:30 every night. Occasionally we'll let her stay up till 9 on a weekend, but it's not an all the time habit. She's much more even tempered and happy when she goes to sleep at the same time every night. Plus, there are many weekends where we have friends over, and it's nice to have kid-free adult time after she goes to bed.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It depends on their age really. My youngest is almost 6 yrs old and in Kinder and she turns snotty if she doesnt get enough sleep. She is laying down by 7:30 on week nights and asleep by 8-8:30pm. My older kids have to be in their rooms around 8-8:30 and I want them asleep no later then 10 on week days.
    Weekends is a free for all, unless we have plans to next day. The little one still has to be in bed by 9 though, or again, shes snotty lol.

As for my ex yes we have diff bedtimes. I am more responsible and have more structure here then he does. He kinda does a free for all every night.

Answer by gemgem at 8:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My kids are 13, 11 and 9 and they have bed times. During the week my youngest is in bed by 8:30, middle one by 9:00 sometimes 10:00 depending on the night and my oldest is in bed by 10:00. Friday and Saturday nights it depends, usually my youngest is in bed by 9:00 - 10:00 the latest..she has been sick and in and out of the hospital for 5 months now so we don't let her stay up to late. The other 2 are up until midnight the lastest unless they have friends over.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• During the school year, we do have a weeknight bedtime of 9:30 for both my 16 and my 13 yr old. On Friday and Saturday nights, it all depends on what is happening.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2011