Demonstrators turn Violent in Egypt

Now the Pro Mubarak and Anti Government are fighting each other in the streets.
I've heard some in the media say it is government led. The Army is doing nothing. I think it was inevitable. What do you think happens next?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Oh like this was a shock. I was waiting for them to start fighting with each other on the streets. I am actually shocked it took this long to happen.
    I think two things will happen. Either their President will do something no one agrees with and goes out there and pushes the protesters home. He steps down at the next election. And thats that.

Or

We will see a fight for power in the streets., Democracy will still escape them. Many will die or be injured. Many artifacts will be destroyed while this happens. Gas will go up. Other countries will eventually have to step in to restore order.

Answer by gemgem at 8:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm going with Gem's 2nd option. Sad, but true.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• – collapse
    Who cares?
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• They already were violent. It is just getting worse.

And coffeeyum, you will when it hits your pocketbook.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Funny when people dont care and then complain later when they say how come gas is so high?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If they close off the suez canal it may push drilling in the US but not before rationing and 15 bucks a gallon prices for a few years.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Oh steph, c'mon now. Really they are just a bunch of innocent peace loving residents fighting for their freedom. ***gag*****
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I hope gas prices increase so much it forces the US to find alternative ways to produce energy NOW. Its time to break our dependence on the middle east.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If they close it we will just have to drill. Plain and simple. Unless you have a way to give people who are poor new cars that are hybrids then what good is new energy? people still have to go to work. I know for me, I cant afford to go buy two new cars for me and my dh to drive. He has been laid off twice since 2004 because of outsourcing. So that isnt an immediate answer.

Answer by gemgem at 9:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2011