What do you think?

This guy finds me in FB after about 25 years. I was 13 the last time I saw him. Had a huge crush at the time on him. He had to remind me who he was, we only knew each other about 6 months.

Had a nice catch up conversation and said I could probably talk more later, but I never did. He sent a couple well wishes, but I never responded.

He mentioned how he felt bad in all that time for some insult he made to me back then and wanted to apologize, that he never really meant it (it was to save face in front of his friend at the time) and that he actually thought I was cute too. Even tho it had been so long, it still bothered him. Apparently apologizing to me over it filled some closure for him.

Anyways he seems to be a SAHD of special needs kids, very bored and lonely during the day and seems desperate to find friends, even old ones to be all conversational with.. even tho its been 2 decades. We really barely know each other anymore. He's on my friends list, but I dunno what to say to him.

Am I being wierd about this?

EDIT: Just to be clear, we're both married with families, He's not hitting on me, it was just a nice conversation and he mentioned it. He's not looking to hook up or something like that. He was just clearly pleased to see a familiar old face and seemed more into having someone to talk to than anything else. I just don't feel I know him anymore, he was 14 back then, now we're 40....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• It sounds like he is just looking for conversation. If you aren't sure about it let him find someone else. If he's a SAHD then he feels just like us SAHM's do, and probably is just looking for something to do to pass the time. As for apologizing to you over something, I have people from my past that I would love to apologize to, just for something stupid that still pops up and bothers me. It's more of a "you realize you were wrong, mean, or nasty and you are hoping to God that you didn't impact their life as bad as you did yours with those couple sentences or words" If you want to get to know him, then I don't see an issue with that as long as you let DH know about it, and leave your emails open for him to read when and if he wants. If the old friend steps out of line, kick his butt to the curb. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I talk to my old friends and 1st bf was hs. I just found mine at 20 some odd years. It was actually nice, we got some closure on issues we had to work out. Its funny some things from back then can effect you today. Whatever he said must have bothered him enough to want to say something.
    If you arent comfortable then dont talk to him I guess. I talk to everyone so lol. I figure I am a sahm and I get bored sometimes too. I have found I do have alot in common with old friends from back then. Were the same age. We grew up similar. We have kids. All that stuff.

Answer by gemgem at 9:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Are you married? Or in a serious relationship? If yes, and he knows, then he said his apology and needs to move on.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• "Friends" on FB mean just that! Friends. If he is not your friend now, he shouldn't be on your list now. I get creeped out about stuff like this too. I just feel like if you really don't know me or I haven't seen you in 20 years you are not my friend. People change. You have no idea what this man is up to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• it sounds to me like you'd rather just leave it alone keep him as your friend if you want let him know you are just busy all the time but pop in when ever YOU want to. Don't give him the idea of you being available bc you are not just be nice I guess. GL
    I know my dh wouldn't approve of it, but that is another story :/
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• sounds like he is done
    i have talked to old friends on fb, then nothing
    people have moved on, live in different place, just needed to close a door, and nothing more

i would not think twice about contacting him more
    no worries, just a quick blast from the past
    and nothing more
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2011