Birth Control and sex?

So I missed a pill and the night I had sex I took a birth control pill but it was unprotected.So really my question is how long does is take for a birth control pill to work? and Could I have gotten pregnant?

AMC10

Asked by AMC10 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if you missed it yes it is possibel the pill works whenyou take it and it disolves but for a good pill to work you are supposed to not have unprotected sex for a week of taking it at the same time daily
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I am an RN .... and iloveyall2008 does not know what she is talking about.... a pill is effective the second day after taking it.....
    Anonymous

• whatever it even sayss in the directions to not have unprotected sex for one week to use a second form of birth control and evemn your dr says so .. go back to school
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• someone asked the same question honey and just about everyone said about a week
    http://www.steadyhealth.com/how_long_does_it_take_for_birth_control_to_be_effective___t119657.html
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• If you miss ONE pill, it is not likely you are pregnant
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2008