Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


we live in an apartment building and my son's window rattles, moves back and forth and makes a loud bang sound, the workers here wont fix it and i am trying to figure out a temp fix because ts keeping my son up at night and scares him. (we would cosleep with him, but he gets to comfy and pees the bed lol)

Answer Question

Asked by dreamangel06 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

Level 17 (3,433 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I would get some silicone caulking (like what's around the tub only made for windows).

    Answer by Jademom07 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • Why won't maintnance fix it. Call up the chain until it gets fixed. GL

    Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • caulking works great and is cheap,window putty in the strips so you can push it into the pane space that is rattleing.

    Answer by grismelda at 2:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • Maybe try some of the stripping made for weatherization of doors. It comes in different thickness and widths. You can even cut to fit whatever area you are trying to silence. Found in most hardware stores and even Walmart in the harware home improvement section. easy, affordable, and durable.

    Answer by f.r.e. at 3:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.