Was your groundhog allowed to come out and play today?

I know the official PA one did and didn't see his shadow, but the other ones I know about locally and around Chicago and Milwaukee were canceled. (not that I blame them, we have well over a foot here and it's still snowing)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Only on fronteirville. They wouldn't see a shadow here if they could make it through the snow. We have about two feet on the ground now. We only got about 6 inches from this storm though, so far.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Darn I was hopeing the little rodent would of been snowed in. But I'm sure Spring will be here in March.:O) Or maybe May.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 9:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Here in PA, I would LOVE to believe that spring will be early this year!! Ugh...ANOTHER "school closed" day...we've had SEVEN in the past 3 weeks, plus delayed openings and early dismissals.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• in pa too lori. about 2 hours south of pittsburg.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• early spring the one in pa and staten island. i go by the one in pa though. they both said early spring. doesn't like it today but i hope eventually.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• General Lee, who lives in the Atlanta area, didn't see his shadow.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My groundhog is buried under feet of snow. He could not come out of his hole.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yeah if my area had one.. they would have had to dig out the hole (it would be covered by about a foot of snow followed by a good layer of ice) and no - it is not sunny.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I don't understand how we have an "official" groundhog. They don't live that long. Puxatawny Phil has got to be 152. The whole thing is staged.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Has Al Gore seen his shadow?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011