How many snow days have your kids had from school this year?

I live in western NY....terrible weather this time of year. We've had only one snow day. Today it's freezing out, raining on top of 2 ft of snow, the roads are slick and not plowed....and still a regular school day! UGH!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think were up to 5 snow days now. I am in western nc. They say we have had a whole foot of snow this year hahaha. I know nothing compared to you. I used to live in NJ for a few mths and remember the snow up there. Here though everything shuts down, we dont have enough snow plows.

Answer by gemgem at 9:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I live in Eastern North Carolina and my son is only 2 but we have had a few days of everything closing because they flip out over a little snow. On the same boat as gemgem
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• 0 we havent had any and i live on lake superior. we have about 10 ft on the ground right now. we only have snow days if its blizzarding or below 5 degrees
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Cassirae we had a snow day last week due to thunderstorms lmao

Answer by gemgem at 9:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• 4 so far
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Umm where we used to live I believe he had two. Here where we're now this is his first.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 9:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Today is the first one this year.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I line in Western Ma and we are on our 6th or 7th snow day today. I have lost track we have had so many. It is to the point where the teachers and students want to petition the state to only have to make up 5 days instead of all the days we have because I am sure we aren't done yet!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• This is the first. I got a snow day from work too.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I live in Alabama. My kids have had six so far.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2011