What is going on in Egypt?

I turn on the tv and see people running all over the place and so on, I really don't pay no mind to it what is happening over there anyway?
Thanks!

I picked entertainment bc it is in a way I just thank God we don't live like that :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The people are taking to the streets in protest because their "president" has been in power for 30 years. The protests have turned violent, although by which side I'm not sure.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• wow ladies. They overthrowing the oppressive dictator they have had for 30 years, in favor of Democracy. They have not had a free election in over 30 years of this guy's reign. They are fighting for freedom from this dictatorship The violence is because after a week of peaceful protests in which the vast majority of the country told the president he had to step down he has still refused. Now he is sending his security forces out there to start killing people, rather than just stepping down.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Actually it's the Anti government people fighting with the pro Mubarak people now. They are all screwed. I knew nothing good would come to these people no matter what they did,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011