If you are against homosexuality...

What is your take on transgender individuals?

For those that don't know, transgender individuals do not identify with the gender and sex they were born into. So a man may identify more as a woman and dress as such or vica versa. There are also genderqueer people who identify with neither traditional gender.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 9:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• They are trapped in the wrong body and their lives must be hell, aside from the stigma society puts on them. I feel they are as much a human being as the next guy and deserve our respect and understanding. I have never heard of the genderqueer, wow those really have it hard.

Answer by older at 9:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i love my boss..he is transgender..he acts pretty fem..he has a great personality though and sence of humor. i love him so much. he knows he is male. idk..i've never really asked him about it ..maybe he is metro. but he does have boobs, he wears makeup, he wears panties. and he refers to himself as a bitch. he also likes to tell me that if we were in a relationship that i would be the man..lol.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I am not against homosexuality but I admit I am still learning about transgender people- I have had no personal experience with any and I think that personal experience is the best teacher- I like Shays post because it shows people are people- having jobs, living their lives, making the best of their situation.

Until I have personal experience with transgender people I will keep an open mind and think of them like anyone else- someone with an intense personal struggle that they are doing the best to overcome. As far as what that struggle looks like or feels like- I have no idea.
    I admit to being confused about the sexuality behind transgender- I have no idea how to label it or if it even matters- labels tend to muddy the waters-

soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• The only thing that bothers me about SOME homosexual people is they try to make themselves stand out. so what if you are gay..then be gay. There is no need to wear thongs with baggy pants, show your bra strap with a halter top..and try to look like a prostitute. these are the gays i have a problem with. most i have no problem with at all! but the ones that want the attention give all gays a bad rep!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Shay- heterosexuals do that as well- that is not just a gay thing-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I agree soyousay, heterosexuals do this a lot more. And shay, you wouldn't have a problem when heteros do this? What you talk about is an expression of themselves, doesn't necessary have anything to do with their orientation. You can't clump and generalize anyone and think all people are the same.

Answer by older at 11:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Boys are born as boys and grow up into men. Girls are born as girls and grow into women. That's the bottom line. I don't like MY body, I'm short and I have big nose. Is there a crackpot diagnosis for me?
    Anonymous

• How about we just let people live the lives they want to live?
    Who are any of us to say 'yeh or neh' about someone's PRIVATE life.
    Date who you want, sleep with who you want...Dress up as a man, or a woman or in a freakin' chicken suit for all I care.
    We have no right to judge anyone else, or deny other people an equal life experience that the rest of us EXPECT to have.
    AutumnJade412

Answer by AutumnJade412 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes anon, the diagnosis is that you are ugly on the outside and probably beautiful on the inside.

Answer by older at 2:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Excuse me, but if you can't figure out if you're a male or a female, you need psychiatric help!!!
    Anonymous