Do you like the dollar coin?

I do. I'm kind of sad it isn't more widespread.

JZ10FPM

Asked by JZ10FPM at 9:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Dollar coins are very convenient. I've lived in other countries that have used similar coins, and I never missed having paper money for such a small denomination. They're quite attractive (and contrary to the myth purported above, they DO say "In God We Trust" around the edge of the coin).
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It reminds me of the 1 euro coin and I like having them. It's better than sorting through bills or having a huge wad of dollar bills. However, the automatic toll booth on the tri state in IL won't accept them and I learned that the hard way. Too bad it never caught on.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I like them as collecting, but not at spending. I'd get them when buying stamps in the machine. I'm just thinking since I'm in Japan now...yen, most of it is change and i couldn't stand the rattle. I like bills better so the dollar coin would just be sitting in my coin jar. Bills seem to keep me a bit more organized...so I like the dollar coin...as a collectible only.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• What does it look like is it smaller than a quarter and is it goldfish color???
    I just want to make sure I am not giving a dollar away oppose to a quarter :/
    you know like sometimes we are in a hurry at times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Coins are a lot more conveniant than bills. I haven't seen any of them around, though.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I personally like bills better... since I can spend them. All our change is currently being saved for our son's college. Which is a good cause too... I just like having my dollar bills more than a dollar coin.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I will not accept them. The new US dollar coins have the "In God We Trust " Omitted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2011