Is it possible....

to trust someone but not trust what they say?

virgo550

Asked by virgo550 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you can trust them on certain topics, like you trust them not to cheat but you don't necessarily trust that they won't hide spending from you etc. I'm sure there are several levels of trust.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• mmmmm, i don't think so. either you beleive them, and trust them, or you don't.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 9:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• hmmm...well with my DH I trust him with my life and know he wouldn't cheat, but sometimes I think he fakes not feeling well. I think that falls under what orionsgirl was saying. He likes to "pull my chain" a bunch.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It depends on what you mean by what they say. Are you saying can you trust a liar? I don't think so. How can you trust someone who can't speak honesty to perform honestly? I think in the beginning you might trust them not to do certain things but soon not being able to trust their word would cross over into not being able to trust their actions. I think there are certain levels of trust but to reach total trust you need to be able to trust that they won't lie to you and they would just be honest. I think the two go hand in hand.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yes, i believe my dh ended his affair and loves me but i will wonder and not really trust him 100%
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 3:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, not really, if you don't trust what they say, then how can you trust them?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011