When you made a big kid bedroom switch from the crib, where did you buy your bedroom furniture??

I am looking for a bedroom set for my Son. Bed, Dresser, night table etc. Where did you find good quality for the price? Thanks!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 9:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• honestly, walmart.com. obviously online they have a wide selection of furniture that you won't see in stores. everything was shipped from "site to store" and then we picked it up, took it home and assembled it. it's not cheaply made or anything, it's very sturdy and the set i picked for her is beautiful! a white cream color set, her bed frame has drawers in it and so does the headboard. i love it :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• ikea.......they had stuff that was low to the floor and easy for my children to get in and out of alone and i felt safe about falling out of the bed and it was a great price
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I went to rooms to go. They have a kids section and you get the entire rooms. They are nice and not all that expensive.

http://www.roomstogokids.com/

Answer by gemgem at 9:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I just bought these exact things for my daughter from Pilgrim furniture city. I did a lot of shopping around and found that they had the best quality for the price. Everything was on sale, and we got an extra 15% off for not financing so we made out pretty well. Now is a good time to buy kids furniture because they are getting in new stuff for the new year and trying to get rid of the older stuff.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My aunt owns a furniture store with great quality furniture. I bought my dd her dresser when she was born and just ordered her big girl bed from them to match. Kinda expensive but great quality and she can grow into it and get a trundle for underneath later for when she has sleepovers. Google "YoungAmerica" this is the brand of furniture I have for her.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• We first went to Furniture Row, which has Denver Mattress and Oak Express in it. We thought we bought the perfect "grow with me" furniture. It was a loft bed with dresser, desk, storage and a trendel bed. IT became a nightmare to deal with these people. The product delived was different than what was shown on showroom floor. I was told they didn't carry that anymore so they sent me the closest thing they had. And that peice of crap had split boards and broken hardware. Then they wanted to charge me 75 bucks to come and hall it back. Will never shop there again. Went to Mattress Doctor and had a great experience. Got wonderful Loft bed and it is gorgeous. Highly recommend them if you have one in the area.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 10:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Hit an Antique or second hand store. You'd be amazed at the quality of the furniture you can find there.

We've personally gotten all of ours either from antique stores or from having to clean out houses when my husband and I' grandparents passed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• for my sons i did rooms to go for kids and my daughter was kanes.
    mommyamanda1410

Answer by mommyamanda1410 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I had the forever life crib so it was easy I just bought a mattress and boxspring. I priced the otherfurniture but it was just too much. WOW!
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011