disney

so my parents are taking my 5 yr old ds to disney world in florida the week before feb break. that pisses me off. mom didn't tell me it was the week before, she let me think it was the feb break they were going. she waited until she paid for things first, b/c then i can't really say no.
not only that, im not too happy about him going on a plane. i don't gly, u can't make me with any amount of money! i don't want him flying. i want to drive him down. im in ny. but my husband is having a fit b/c i also have an 8 week old. and he thinks i can't drive that far with two kids.....thanks for the support, right? whatever.
am i being rediculous about 1. the week before school and 2. him flying?

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• he's your son. if you don't want him to go that week and fly then that's your right as his mother, regardless of whether the vacation has already been paid for. your mom should've double checked with you first before paying for anything.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• my mother is a space cadet and thinks she can do whatever she wants. theres along history with her and i, but this is just one of things she does. its also his first time on a plane and out of state with out me. im kinda going through this, what if stage right now. like, what if she can't keep up with him, which, she has a hard time doing so even at her house 10 miles away. what if something happens and he has to go to the hospital, or kidnapped! lol. i don't think kidnapped will happen, but its in my head. and these things are keeping me up at night. i don't know. i've learned with my mother to pick my battles, but im not sure about this one. i did tell he i was pissed about her taking him out of school, especially when shes the one who says consistancy and a schedule. so now hes going to be off his schedule for 2 weeks, instead of just one.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You are the mother and it is up to do what happens with your son. If you don't want him to go, then he doesn't go.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i do not believe in taking kids out of school for vacations

Answer by rkoloms at 11:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well, you have two choices here. You can calm down remind yourself that he is 5 and really won't be missing that much at school and relax and let your mother do it the way she wants to. Or you can decide that it was foolish of you to give her the impression that she could do what she wants, explain to her that plans have changed and banton down the hatches for Grandma's temper tantrum. Can you hold your ground? But no you are not driving two kids to FL. That would be ridiculous. What are you going to do hang out there for a week and then drive him back. Or are you gong to go to Disney with them with a tiny one in tow? Here is a thought. Try Amtrak.
    Personally if there was even a whiff of her trying to pull a fast one on me I would be putting a stop to that immediately.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011