• In the Spotlight:

Would it be too much to paint the master bedroom on one side of the wall RED?

And then paint the rest of the room another color... Looking for relaxing and sexy atmosphere
What would you suggest ?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Entertainment

• O personally don't like accent walls of one color then the rest of the room another color. And red as a bedroom color will make the atmosphere the polar opposite of relaxing. But if you like it go for it. It's only paint, you can always paint over it if you don't like the finished result.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, why not? I think accent walls are cool.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I dont do accent walls either. I am however painting our room a dark red this year. I like that color.

Answer by gemgem at 10:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Gemgem: I'm with you, I'd rather just go all out and paint the whole room in one color. Even red.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think it would depend on the shade of red. If it is a sexy, sultry red, then I think it would be cool on the wall with the headboard of your bed. I don't think a bright, tomato red would be relaxing or peaceful at all, but that's just me. If you like red, screw what anybody else thinks. LOL Good for you for being adventurous!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It's called an accent wall. Choose the wall that you want to make the focal point of the room. Remember you bed is also a focal point. Remember red is a high energy color. Usually not something you would want for a bedroom. It usually is used in a dining room to help with hunger.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Dont paint any of it red it the color causes stress. not kidding.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• The wall behind our bed is dark red and the rest of the walls are a buttery tan. I love it and get so many compliments. We have black velvet curtains and comferter. We used pillows on the bed to tie it all together plus our carpet is tan. We call it our bow chica wow wow room :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'd love it, but I wuoldn't do it in MY room (it's the one that receives the sun full on from 11 am through 4pm! yikes!it'd be even more like an oven than it already is)
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 10:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think painting the room red and then accenting with crisp white and black would be very gorgeous and elegant.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2011