Possible divorce.

my husband and i just cant seem to see eye to eye anymore.

Do you think it may be the end of it? forever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• What don't you see eye to eye on? It's hard to form an opinion with no details hun.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would recommend counseling first.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• he wont go to couseling, he acts like its all me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• These stories make me feel heartsick for the people who are suffering. I think only your heart can tell you if it is the end. There are so many potential factors at play...

Are you both trying - and maybe it just needs a little more time?
    Are you at a place where "some space" would be good but maybe not a complete end?
    Is there abuse of any kind involved? If so I say run for the hills!

I feel like (I have been divorced in the past so I'm not trying to be uppity) our culture teaches us things should be fast and easy ... "there's an app for that" lol. Sometimes it seems to me like it would be so easy to give up and move on, when there are innumerable blessings to be found by battling it out for a little but. On the other hand, it takes two to tango. If only one of you has your heart in the relationship it's going to awful hard to heal that. If there is abuse, well that's entirely unacceptable.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• agh it hurts.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• That would be up to you and him.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Honestly, if you can't agree or compromise on BIG issues in your lives, and both of you aren't willing to do what it takes to fix it (counseling, different solutions - etc.), then maybe it is over. Think long and hard about the things that matter to you both, each of you should write them down and compare and discuss them. Maybe you'll find that some things you are more together on than you voice to each other. If all else doesn't work, then you have to think of what is best for you and your kids.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If he won't do counseling or anything else to work on your relationship together AND he thinks it's all you, it's time to GET OUT. I am facing the same thing now and have just recently come to the conclusion that my husband is just not capable of having a real relationship with me. I'm working on getting out myself.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 7:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2011