Have you ever brought your baby to the chiropractor?

What age? What was the reason? And how did it go?

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My son has to go when he is 7 because my father and I have scoliosis. It's to help prevent it in him before it starts. Now if only my parents had done that with me I wouldn't have so many darn problems lol.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My parents did it to me when I dislocated my wrist, I was 3 at the time. He did an excellent job back then. If only they'd seen my scoliosis and did something about it, my back wouldn't look so horrible now and I wouldn't have the pain I do hehe.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I haven't, and I wouldn't. A baby doesn't need a chiropractor, and I'd be scared that damage could be done.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yes. my son was 5 days old when I first brought him. He would scream every time I tried to nurse him. It made it very difficult to feed him. After a couple of adjustments, he was able to nurse without a problem!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My friend just took her 11 month old last week and after seeing him he started sleeping 12 hours a night!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Sure did, and it did wonders! It's amazing for colicky babies, or babies with feeding problems.
    Anonymous

• I have severe scoliosis, so I started bringing my daughter to see my chiropractor when she was two.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I haven't taken my children but I would. I know my chiropractor encourages mom's to bring them in soon after birth, they go through a lot in that birth canal.

I know many parents who swear by chiropractors, from common colds, ear infections, colic, and on, and on. My kids so far are extremely healthy, but if and when they do get sick we'll visit the chiropractor before our family doctor.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would. But I would make sure that the Chiropractor I chose had experience with infants. And would also explain at the time of the appointment that the patient is an infant and the issues. Many therapists and chiropractors will turn away a patient if the problem is something they have not worked on enough or recently enough for their comfort.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I am SO glad I brought my dd to the chiropractor after she was born. My dd was facing to her head to the side when she was born and the doctor had to use vacuum assistance to deliver her. I believe this caused her head to be somewhat tilted to the side. I started taking her for adjustments from about six weeks old. I made sure that she went to a chiropractor who specialized in pediatric patients. She is now a very active and healthy seven year old.
    unique_puzzle

Answer by unique_puzzle at 10:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011