What Items did you love getting most at a Baby Shower??

i'm trying to start a business. I was wondering what all of your favorite Items you got were that could be great for a nice gift basket. i want real moms input so they can be the best i can make them!

rachk86

Asked by rachk86 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• diapers, wipes and onesies
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Diapers and wipes. I seriously didn't have to buy diapers for two months just because of all the diapers I received as gifts.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Diapers for sure but personalized, handmade items. I loved the nursing cover my friend made for me and the custom burp cloths with matching blanket. I love unique, fun things that I probably wouldn't buy myself because I am a pretty practical person.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Diapers, Wipes, shampoos
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• diapers and wipes because the babies can really go through them...quickly!
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Diapers and wipes All sizes of diapers though not just newborn.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 11:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would say diapers, wipes, formula, and bottles/pacifiers. You can never have enough diapers, and try to get a couple of sizes, because they grow so fast, and formula so expensive now days if you choose to use it. Also it seems like I was miss placing my son's bottles and pacifiers a lot, I guess cause the lack of sleep and forgetfullness I experienced for the first couple of months (lol).
    ZLandAJsmommy

Answer by ZLandAJsmommy at 12:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• A bathtub filled with baby bath items and a grooming kit. With cyte towels and washclothes.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Onsies, receiving blankets, pacifiers, bottles. I love finding little tiny band shirts (mom or dad's fav band) for baby's too.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• keepsake items, like a footprint kit with a place for a pictures, organic washcloths, thick hooded towels,(not the skimpy ones), bath toys, a little envelope with clipped coupons for diapers, wipes, or other baby products with a giftcard.

I don't like the idea of buying someone diapers, wipes, formula, pacifiers, or bath products unless you know what they want to use. Some babies or parents have specific brands that they want to buy, or avoid. Clothes are also hit or miss, so I try to avoid buying clothes for the baby.

If you know that the mom is going to breastfeed, then a nursing cover with cute, matching burp cloths, breast pads, and a cute aluminum water bottle would be nice.

I like "themed" baskets.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011