How much do you spend on a Baby Shower gift?

I'm starting a business and would love REAL MOMS inputs to make it the best i can! i make gift baskets. I was wondering what you normaly spend on a baby shower gift. and if its family or just friends. and what would you LOVE to see in it ?

rachk86

Asked by rachk86 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• I usually spend around $25. I guess it depends on who it's for. I loved getting the basics....bibs,burp cloths, rattles, lotions and soaps....and don't forget a rubber ducky!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I am a spender. I love to buy baby shower gifts. I once gave a girlfriend a basket full of bath soap, lotions, shampoo, the disposable wash clothes, bath toys, wash clothes, a towel, etc...and I only paid about 30 for it b/c I shop at the bargain places.
    October_Rayne

Answer by October_Rayne at 11:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would say it depends on who it's for and how broke I am at the time. Onece for a good friend of mine I spent about 25 dollars getting the basic bath supplies, and then put it into a cute little basket.
    ZLandAJsmommy

Answer by ZLandAJsmommy at 11:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• About $20.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 12:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• On a family members baby shower I would spend at least $50 like I did for my cousins baby shower. I bought her a gift basket with all sorts of things for the baby (it's been a while since she had a baby) and some bath toiletries for her.
    On a person I don't really know all that well, I would maybe spend $20. I would just buy a couple of outfits for the baby, nothing big.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If its a close relative around $75-$100, a coworker maybe $25 but We usually all chip in $ for a big gift, and a friend around $50-$75
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 6:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm with luvschocolate. If it's a close family member of a close friend I go all out. I love buying baby stuff. Not a close friend or coworker i don't spend as much maybe $30-$40.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• For close family and friends, about $100-125. Everyone else $40-60.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011