Just how much water are we meant to drink? adult content

My lips are cracked my urine is orange every time I go in to my OBGYN they tell me I am not drinking enough. I drink about 2 bottles of water a day which is a massive improvement over none I used to drink. I had to cut down soda cause my heart I now can only drink 1/2 a can. So... how much am I meant to drink? How much do you drink?

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 10:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You are supposed to drink 8 cups of water a day. But, I say just keep going. If you get 2 bottles down, go for a 3rd. Or, try some crystal light to sweeten it up, but if you do that, I recommend halfing that with water, as I use it just for a little flavoring.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They say 8 - 8 oz glasses a day. I don't drink that much though. I would talk to them about something else possibly preventing you from getting enough intake of water. You can also drink Gatorade or Powerade to help increase your hydration, just don't replace the water with it. It's only meant to be a suppliment.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• when i was preggo i drank 4-5 24 oz camelbak water bottles a day, i just made sure i took it with me everwhere i went! i always felt crappy if i didnt drink enough
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 12:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I do feel crappy, maybe the lack of water is why? I just don't get how people drink that much. I maybe I should set a timer to remind me to drink? Anyone have any suggestions?
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011