Should I just tell him to use this site but be very careful about revealing who he is?

for a very bored and lonely stay-at-home dad I'm related to? My brother.

He says the daddy sites suck or dont have much activity for socialization, let alone having any parenting advice. Dunno what to tell him, he's tried all the dad sites I suggested.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in About CafeMom

• @rkoloms...so can all of us ;-)

I say let him, like MrsBat, said kept on the DL, no one would know. We're all Anon to each other and would have no way knowing whose who or what. They don't even ask for gender during registration.
    Librarianwoman

Answer by Librarianwoman at 4:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• he may get a bit tired of all the estrogene but I wouldnt care if a dad was using this site :)
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• personally, i have no problem with a dad on here, but i have a feeling others may.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• as long as he's not some wierd stalker-fine

there are strange women on here as it is so... whatever!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't care. As long as he us just trying to do what the rest of is are doing on here. Trying to give and get advice, and some kind of safe social site for parents.
    I say, as long as he isn't trying to hit on anyone, he wants to come on here, and get advice, go for it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I don't care so long as he isn't being a douchebag and/or hitting on the women here, etc. There are probably already a lot of guys on here anyway, but so long as it's kept on the DL, I don't really see it as a problem. I seriously think that they need to make a "sister" site called CafeParents or something like that for mom and dads, because like you said, the dad sites suck and are really inactive (DH checked them out a while back). I know a lot of women on here (obviously, from the answers to questions like this one) are VERY against it, but so long as they're here for the "right" reasons (parenting advice and the like), I don't think it will cause any problems.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I say tell him about it. A guys opinion is sometimes a good thing.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would tell him to be anon, if he does...for all we know theres already some on here....?
    nat375

Answer by nat375 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• NotPanicking ----Agreed. Who cares is he pretends? We'll never know as long as he doesn't slip up!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I understand what you mean and where you are coming from. I really don't like the idea of a man being here - too many pervs, and I mean kiddie porn pervs. It just makes me uneasy. But I do what I can to protect my little ones so my stuff is private. However, there is no way anyone here would know unless he "outs" himself. I'm sure there are several men on this site already and it's a case of "what you don't know can't hurt you". He's not going to get much, socially speaking. But if he needed advice or something, it could benefit him. I don't necessarily feel comfortable with it, but there really isn't much I (or any of us) can do about it.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011