How do I go about getting a passport if.....

my husband is a Mexican citizen. His name as we knew it is Angel Alberto Cano. When we were going through immigration process and got his birth certificate, his name was listed as Angelberto Cano Valencia. Considering my youngest son's birth certificate has the name "Angel Alberto Cano", do you think this will cause a problem when trying to get my youngest son's passport? The names are similiar, but a little different. Also, my older son's birth certificate has my maiden name on it, would a marriage license be enough to prove I'm his mom?

mommy22boyz357

Asked by mommy22boyz357 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Travel

• http://travel.state.gov/passport/

Look around the US passport site and see if they have the answers.

The name thing won't be an issue as long as the passport matches the application.  There are people in the world that have the same exact name without being related and they are issued passports.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• This link is info on kids passports.
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html
    It might lead you to further info.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• no clue- mexican embassy maybe- since he is not an American Citizen he can not get an American Passport
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Oh I was talking about my son's passport. They said my husband has to come down and sign too for our 3 year old to get a passport. I was talking about when my husband shows his ID to sign for my sons passport. His ID's name is different than the name on my sons birthcertificate. Thanks everyone!
    mommy22boyz357

Comment by mommy22boyz357 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011