Who sneaks in food to the movie theater? Be honest!!

I got so sick of the prices and having to spend a fortune each time with four kids, I bring just about everything! I make a gallon size bag of popcorn for everyone and a snack bag with 4 kinds of candy. If it's a longer movie I also make hot dogs and wrap them up in tin foil. I bring 4 capri suns per kid as well. Both my daughters and I bring big purses so we fit everything just fine without looking ridiculous. It works great! We do have a tradition of going to the movies on the day after Thanksgiving, on Christmas Day & the 4th of July. On those times we go ahead & buy everything there.

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 10:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have a purse just for the movies, it has an insulated area for drinks. lol I hate the prices it is so bad it cost so much but even worse that my kids want allllllll of the candy so we stop by the dollar stor eon the way there and buy everything they would want from the movies there. Most of the time Dollar tree has the exact smae candy.
    whiterabbit8815

Answer by whiterabbit8815 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have a movie going purse...lol fits a snack per person for a family of four :)
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes I always do. I stop and get some burgers off the dollar menu, I pack the small chip bags, capri suns and some individual bags of candy. Now when its just my husband and I, we buy from the theater. But I also have four kids and tickets plus food would cost us over 100 bucks easily. Even more when my stepson is with us. My son takes his back pack and we put the food in under our blankets.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I do and Im sure most others do to
    mommy161617

Answer by mommy161617 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I do, I've got a big purse to do so as well. Just some candy and chips and a bottle of water. Their prices are ridicules! It's bad enough I'm forking a lot for the ticket and then they want 10 bucks for a bottle of water -eye roll- yeah not happening lol. I've been sneaking stuff in for years.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• lol everytime I go... I even snuck in a couple beers one time lol we usually hit up the dollar tree and buy a whole bunch of candy
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I sneak in dollar candy but buy a big popcorn with refills and ask for five cups to share with the kids. I also buy loyalty cups for only 5 bucks each every January so sodas are only a buck each.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 11:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes, if it fits in the purse, absolutely, PLUS those teenagers working there honestly could care less. You're hiding it from the managers, really.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Whatever can fit in my backpack purse, we take in.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• oh yes...big purses are awesome.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2011