im 30 weeks and 2 days pregnant.....

and are BH contractions suppose to hurt?? mine feel like mild cramping.

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How often are you having the braxton hicks?
    October_Rayne

Answer by October_Rayne at 11:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They can feel painful, or just uncomfortable. I've had braxton hicks through most of both of my pregnancies, and to me it feels like my stomach just gets really hard. Now that I'm 28wks, there's some discomfort because the contractions pull on the ligaments. If you can lay down on your left side for a while, drink some cold water, if the contractions go away, then they're braxton hicks. If they're regular, or growing closer together, it could be true labor. Also, if you notice any unusual discharge, that could also be a sign of labor. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm only asking b/c when I was 32 weeks pregnant I had gotten what I considered to be braxton hicks while I was working. I work in an intensive care unit, so my job requires me to be on my feet all day. They started coming every 2-5 minutes and cramped slightly. I walked down the hall to my obgyn to discover I had dilated 3-4. They were able to stop the contractions, but just be careful. Take breaks and lay down on your side when you need to.
    October_Rayne

Answer by October_Rayne at 11:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i'm having them a couple times a day.
    Tricia737

Comment by Tricia737 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It's different with every woman and every pregnancy. For me they varied in strength, some I'd hardly notice and others would take my breath away. They tend to get worse when you're dehydrated, so make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Sometimes they could be. Keep a log of the time it starts, just jot it down on a piece of paper the time that you feel the first one. Next time you feel one, just write it down. After several times, check the list and count the times in between each BH. If they ARE at regular intervals you should call the hospital and tell them that you have been keeping a record and they are coming regularly, it may be early labor. They could instruct you to come in to be checked or to walk around for a bit. If they come when you are walking more than likely thay are real contractions, as BH would stop with all the movement.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 2:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes, sometimes they can be painful.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011