Seriously, How long did it take you after delivery to have sex again? Im concerned its taking me too long...

jmdelan2

Asked by jmdelan2 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My OB said 6 weeks, but 6 weeks later after delivering.. i couldnt have sex.. it took me about 2 months.. and it hurt trust me.. but i just did it.. and then it was a piece of cake
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 7:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• 3 weeks, I had a c-section both times, and with both of them 3 weeks after, we did it.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 7:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• ABOUT 2 MONTHS OR SO
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 7:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• tried after 3 weeks but did not work. that was with the first kid. after that one didn't matter much. just waited
    mb5614

Answer by mb5614 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Its been 10 weeks so far for me... should i just suck it up and do it to get the pain done with or what?
    jmdelan2

Answer by jmdelan2 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I tried to make it the 6 weeks but didn't. It all depends on your body. I have to say it took me a year and a half to be able to let hot water near my area again but sex was just fine?! TMI maybe but we all respond differently is the point. One of my best friends didn't have sex after she conceived and the last time I asked they still had not and their son was 2 1/2.
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I think you should do whatever you body will let you, it will let ya know if you can or cant have sex.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 7:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I am an RN ... doctors say that it is 6 weeks yes so u are all healed up....If u had ur postpartum exam and they said that everything was ok then it is fine to have sex.... I have known may people who dont wait that long.... Me personal after i had my son I had sex 2 weeks later......
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 7:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• haha yeah i had sex 2 weeks later. hurt really bad but u just work up to it. then its a piece of cake :) itll get better over time.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I waited about 10 wks after the first one, and it was still awful! After the second one, I think it was about 6-7wks. But I recovered a lot better altogether after the second baby. Just wait till you think you're ready!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 8:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2008