Daybeds, do they work?

We have one of those convertible cribs that turns into a toddler/day bed. Just curious if you've had a child use one and if they slept well in it or not. I really don't want to buy a new toddler bed, if I can get away with using this. Also, if they rolled out alot, would one of those safe sleeper rails work to stick under the matress?

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had no trouble with it, both of my kids used one. If they roll out try rolliing up a blanket and stick it in the hole until they get used to it. I had to do that with both of mine they kept falling out and after that they were fine even when I removed the blanket.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Not sure what you mean by sticking a blanket in the hole
    moviemom22

Comment by moviemom22 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If you need to put a sleeper rail in,why not just leave it as a crib? How about just putting the mattress on the floor?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I didn't have a convertible crib, but all 4 of my older kids switched straight to twin/full size beds around 2. No need to buy a toddler bed - waste of money IMO.

Answer by missanc at 1:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011