did i make the right decision?

i was on birthcontrol and i was getting the depo prevera shot every three months. i soon became sick only to find out that i was 2 1/2 months pregnant and was experiencing my child dieing inside of me. i had the choice of either staying preganant and facing complications such as giving birth to a still birth...or dieing while in the proces of givin birth. but the ultimate option was to get an abortion. i chose abortion. was i wrong for choosing that? everyday of my life i regret doing it and wish i could jus go back in time and give it a shot. please some one help me =(

unique23

Asked by unique23 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Personally I think you made the right decision because that is what I would have done in your situation. But others will disagree with you and have no problem telling you that. I think you need to find someone (anyone, not necessarily a therapist) to talk to about what you are feeling and why.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Only you can know if you made the right decision. I wouldn't look for an answer from a bunch of strangers on the internet. If you feel you did the right thing, then you did the right thing. It does sound like you should seek some type of counseling in order to deal with the decision that you made .
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You need to see a counselor. For my money, you chose the correct path.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• U had a really hard choice to make.I thought the depo was fool proof!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You had overwhelming evidence against you that NOTHING would have turned out right, correct???? Your post states that if you carried the pregnancy, it would've been born dead, or that if you even tried to delivered it would've killed you?? Am I understanding this right?? If that's the case, it sounds like you had no choice.....Plus, how do you know that you wouldn't have miscarried the pregnancy, given the chance??? I bet you any amount of money, that you probably would have......so stop beating yourself up about it girlfriend, and know that you made the right choice FOR YOURSELF.....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You need to talk to a therapist. Get some counseling hun.
    You did what was best for both you and the child that was going to be still born.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You have to stop beating yourself up. At the time, it was the right decision for you or you wouldn't have done it. I'm so sorry. Have you considered talking to someone about this, a counselor or even an on-line support group may be very helpful for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i went through the same thing! only mine was with the iud it came out sometime before i found out i was preggo but the hormones in my body (and the meds that the doctors gave me i believe) the exact same thing happened..the doctors told me to (consider the option) and i spent 3 weeks crying not knowing what to do my family made me realize that (i have a little girl also) my daughter did not need to go through that and nor did i medicaid wouldn't pay for it because it was not ins est or rape and it wasn't killing me so i came up with $800 to get it done i went to the doctors and had a checkup before and they said at six months the baby looked like i was only 2 or 3 months and the heart beat was really low so i went and had this done i had no other choice..but im glad i did it (and trust me im pro life) very much against abortion but i think (after almost a year of being depressed) that i did the right thing..

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• thank you everyone for the support. this is my first time trying to reach out for help. i was told that this is a really ood place to start. as far as counseling goes, i have attempted it but i think my problem is i stall to speak out because im face to face with someone and im worried about being judged negatively for my decision. so for "bcauseimthemom"...i understand what you mean by i shouldnt be looking for help from a bunch of strangers on the internet but i feel more comfterbe jus for that reason. because they are a bunch of strangers who can potentially become friends. but thank you for your opinion!
    unique23

Comment by unique23 (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Wow!!! can becauseimthemom sound any more like a bitch!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2011