Has this ever happened to you? Sorry, little graphic! Bleeding.

Ok, so those of you who know me know I have issues with ovarian cysts, pcos, and I have a hernia as well. I think I may go see a doctor AGAIN(eyes rolling). So I didn't have a period last month. I'm usually due on the 15th/17th. Well, this morning I woke up in a lot of blood. It was all over. The blood was very dark, thick, and stringy. Now I'm soaking through a tampon in one hour, and the thick stuff is coming out right around the tampon. Now I know with pads it's different. I'm in some pain and I'm really tired. Is this just really bad because I didn't have a period? Does it pass? What else could this be? BTW I am going to the doctor. Just wondering if anyone has gone through any of this.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Health

• that doesn't sound normal at all... def go see a dr and keep us posted! GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well, I have PCOS and endometriosis too, and this is certainly my normal...when I have a period at all.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Weird. Could you have been pregnant and maybe had a miscarriage???
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I guess this has never happened to me, so it seems abnormal, and kind of scary to me. I know I have PCOS, and have had surgery for it, but I''ve never had huge issues with my period. They were never regular, but they always came every month.
    My tubes are tied, and I think I need to get checked out because ecoptic pregnancies can happen.

Misses Nick, is the pain normal too?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It is for me. The pain of a period, for me, is far worse than childbirth (which I've done naturally 3 times).
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Ahhh shit.....
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• That sounds horrible. I am so sorry! Good luck at the doctor! Let us know what happens! I've never experienced anything like that!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• doctor! it sounds terrible (pain). good luck!
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You could've had a cyst rupture as well. The pain I experienced when I had one rupture was comparable to child birth, and I was soaking through more then a pad an hour. You have my sympathy, and I hope you find an answer with your dr. and a less painful more positive one at that! good luck :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I had surgery for my cysts and am getting my left ovary removed. I constantly have them rupture. This is new to me though! I think I'm just gonna get it checked out. But my feeling is nothing will happen. I hope I'm wrong.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011