Do you have an interior house spray painter? Tell me about it please...

I am trying to decide if a paint sprayer is worth it. If it is what type, etc...My DH and I are both somewhat physically challenged but our house is in need of painting SEVERAL layers...and our boys are growing up and maybe it would give them the opportunity to experiment with color...I mean it sounds good on paper, but has it been good for you? What would you suggest???

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 8:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Sorry, I can't help you. I have an inferior house painter. It's call a husband...lol
    Have you checked consumer reports?
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• We have a Wanger Power Shot. When we bought our house, we completely remodeled so we had to paint the entire house. It worked well, once you got the hang of it. If you hold it at the wrong angle, it comes out splotchy. It also used a lot more paint than you would if you rolled it. (At least for me it did! Maybe I was doing something wrong!) The other thing was it was a pain to clean. There are a ton of little parts that you have to clean and make sure to get all the paint off before it dries. I didn't care for that, but I was always tired from working on the house and that was the last thing I felt like doing!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• While I am looking for some reviews what I think I am more looking for is other peoples experiences with this system to decide if it is the path I need to take. I too have the inferior house painter that is why i am looking into something else LMAO!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Hi Julie! For indoors, I prefer the power-rollers! Sooooo much easier and time saving! Kerry
    KerryDorsey

Answer by KerryDorsey at 7:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008