What waffle maker would you recomend ?

I want to make a terrific waffle but I don't want to pay too much
What brand do you find to be a good fair priced waffle maker ?

gitanomadre

Asked by gitanomadre at 8:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I fyou can get your hands on one of the old school iron waffle makers those are the best!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Last time I went cheap with the Rival Wal Mart kind (10 years ago) and it is good enough. I think it was around $15. But I should have maybe spent $10 more and done the mickey mouse or scooby doo or whatever character one. So much more fun and worth the little extra expense.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• The other one that I've been seeing are these belgium waffle makers that you put the batter in then have to turn it upside down, it counts down then beeps when done. I'm sure they are much more expensive but turn out a tasty waffle!!! YUM-O I think you just decided what I'm making for Sunday breakfast lucky I can't sleep and am up early LOL!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Can't recommend a brand as I'm wanting a new one myself, when we have some extra money. From my research, I'd definitely go w/a round one w/an all metal case. Right now I have a square one (about 5 or 6 years old, but only used maybe 10 times) w/a plastic case & metal plates. The corners don't get done as well & I've read that round ones cook more evenly. I've also read that all metal ones get hotter than part plastic ones which makes for a more crispy outside. Good luck finding the right one for you!
    SleuthMaria

Answer by SleuthMaria at 3:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008