how to make your own baby food?

anyone got any link or websites or advice?
like how to store it?
do you make it daily or make big batches and freeze it?
what are some of the better things to make into baby food?
somethings that dont make great baby food?
can you make home made bitter biscuits or puff puffs/mum mums?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Fresh fruits and vegetables or frozen. Cook then put in blender. Some might need water added. Then freeze. I would normally do this on the weekend for the week.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Wholesomebabyfood.com

Freeze in ice cube trays.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Any little container you can find. I use to buy just enough jar food to wash and use in this way. As you have introduced all the food to them then I would just mash up or blend whatever we were eating.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I make mine daily when it's time to eat. Usually my 7 month old just has whatever my 2 yo and I are having for lunch. Today we had sweet potatoes and green beans for lunch (and my 2 yo and I split a grilled cheese sandwich) - I microwaved the fresh sweet potatoes and the green beans were frozen. It took less than 10 minutes. I never pureed any food - I just cut it up small or mashed it with the back of a fork.

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• freeze in what? whats something i can get to make invidiual servings?
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Sorry wash and use the jars.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• ok so after i put them in ice cube trays or jars how long before use do i take them out? or do u just taken them out and put them in the micorwave ?
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Put them in the Fridge the night before so they thaw slowly. I'd be very careful warming them in the microwave. I would do ten second intervals, stir, test, heat a little more if needed.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• THANK YOU!!!!
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• bananas and avocados do not freeze well but everything else is good. I usually go to Whole foods and pick everything up for the month for my son do a baby food making day and prepare everything, freeze in ice cube trays or muffin tins for larger portions. Then once frozen i place in a zip lock baggie and label it. I take everything out the night before and heat with hot water. I dont like the idea of microwaving his food. If in the plastic containers the microwave can cause bpa to leach into the baby food. I use class containers as much as possible. If were eating something My son can have then I give him what were eating.
    http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

is a good website for healthy baby food :) Good luck!! :)
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011