Sex to Induce labor??

My hubby took away my vacume and is making me rest so I cant walk around or clean. But I can still get lucky, Who has tried to induce labor through sex? Did it work for you? How long did it take what did you do? Please Im ready to be done!!!

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sex is good for you. the semen contains prostaglandins to spur on contactions. (and antibiotics to keep you healthy). orgasm is contractions, so having one makes more. any way you can get the semen in can work, OR NOT. basically, if your body is ready, it can kick it in, but if it isn't it won't hurt, just ripen. did what I had to and had it all ways. the sex and the results.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 8:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I tried it over and over...no luck.
    JMGouge

Answer by JMGouge at 8:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I've had four kids and induced my self with sex everytime.It always took effect within an hour.Sometimes instantly after we was done.My doctor said its a chemical in the sperm that causes it to happen when it comes in contact with my cervix.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes,sex did induce my labor and I went into labor thart same hour.
    CLC2008391

Answer by CLC2008391 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• it didnt work for me we have been trying it for 3 weeks and still nothing
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I tried for the last month of my pregnancy and had no luck... after my due date we tried every night. 2 days after my date my mom and I went and got hair cuts, mani's, and pedi's. That night did the trick... I had my son the next morning at 9. I didnt tell the nurses about the sex but they said it was because i had been relaxed all day... :) GOOD LUCK!!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• ive actually heard that getting a mani and pedi can put you into labor because you have pressure points on your hands and feet..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I tried several times and it didn't work. And at 42 weeks, I wanted that baby out!

A bowl of spicy chilli did the trick. Water broke 4 hours later.
    Anonymous