I am getting ready to get on an air plane with my seven month old son and i need to know if i need to give him anything before or during boarding for his ears...i know i posted this already but it got closed.sorry

abigaylesmommy

Asked by abigaylesmommy at 8:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• Be the last one to board the plane!! I've flown five round-trip flights with my son before he turned two. That is totally the best advice I can give. DO NOT take up the offer to board first!! It is a pain getting past everyone, but it's even worse sitting there an extra fifteen minutes. I never had any problems with take off, but I always tried to have him drink something. Maybe bring special juice (or something he really likes) to make sure he drinks if you're really worried? The only other advice is to not worry too much about the other passengers...it's enought to just survive sometimes!
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 11:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• no need for rude remarks either please
    abigaylesmommy

Answer by abigaylesmommy at 8:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• A bottle, pacifier, or breast
    Anonymous

• We flew with my 8 month daughter and honestly it did not bother her at all. I had a bottle and pacifer for her when we landed and took off but she didn't even need them. Hopefully you'll have the same luck! gluck xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 8:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• swallowing will help her ears. you could play with her to get her to open and close her mouth real wide if she won't take the bottle, pacy or breast. make sure she is free of illness. have fun. i always breastfed on take off, most the flight, and landing, and had "angels" according to the other passengers who were none the wiser.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 9:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008