what can i use

i am 38 wks pregnant... i just switched soaps and now i have an itch down there. i never had this when i was pregnant with my daughter so im sure its the soap... my dr isnt open till monday so i was wondering what i could use to make it stop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• If it's mostly on the external area "down there", try some hydrocoritisone cream. It's a topical that will stop itching and help clear up rashes. I used it on a rash on my arm when I was pregnant- and I'm pretty sure it's safe to use during pregnancy.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Warm water is the only thing I can think of. Sorry if that doesn't help much. I hope someone else can help you on here! Or isn't there an after hours number you can call to ask? Good luck!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• no after hour numbers
    Anonymous

• vagisil
    Anonymous

• You can use monistat and things like that. I had a yeast infection when I was pregnant and the doctor told me to get monistat.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 8:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• hydrocortisone
    Mom2Girls83

Answer by Mom2Girls83 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• You could have a yeast infection. If you think this might be what you have...The best thing that I have used was "Monistat" (get the kind with suppositories & cream). Otherwise...just an itch, Vagisil.

If you can't get to a store tonight, maybe run a warm bath & put baking soda in the water & mix it & sit for awhile.
    Kristie_S

Answer by Kristie_S at 9:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• go to the phamacy and buy a bottle of witch hazel , soak a kotex pad with it and put it on the area......best if you can use the witch hazel as cold as possible but do seek medical help asap because it sounds like a yeast infection.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 9:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• no its not a yeast infection. its not that bad at all :).. i can tell the difference. it doesnt itch SO BAD I CANT STAND IT lol. its just a slight itch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2008