Has anyone attended Ashford University or know someone who has?

Was it a good school & good experience. I am trying to find a school to enroll in soon .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in

• STAY AWAY!! I won't go as far as to say stay away from all for profits, because others I have delt with were wonderful. But I have been fighting Ashworth for 2 years to get my paperwork because it "got lost" and then my payment information wouldn't go through and they kicked me out of the school (even though they still took my money) and now they want me to pay an additional $200 to get back in the system and then they want me to pay the difference between what the classes cost then and what they cost now... It's been a long battle! There are lots of distance schools which are wonderful, Ashworth is not one of them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Stay away from for profit schools! Do some reading - they are generally not a good deal and many employers will not hire someone who graduated from one. You would be much better off going to a local university near you. Many of them have a lot of online classes, but a better reputation than most for profit schools.

Answer by missanc at 1:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I go the the university of pheonix and i love it! I have been in school for about a year now and I dont think i will go to another school. All of my books have been online so that is great that I dont have to pay hundrads for every book, the finance department has been wonderful as well as my advisor with setting up my classes and keeping in touch and asking about the progress in the class...I was having a hard time with my school because of family problems and he was able to swing some of my assignments getting turned in a little later due to having to prepare for court. I have managed to get 3 of my friends to go to the school and all of them love it as well....well aside from the normal bitching about how this class sucks lol. Give them a call....its a great school!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011