Boob Faucets

I am 30 weeks so this is just now crossing my mind and I would like to be better prepared this time lmao!!!!

BUT

With both of my boys my boobs leaked horribly like a fast drip from the faucet NO EXAGERATION I did breast feed and pump and will this time as well..But my question is this what am I supposed to do to keep from ruining my clothes?? The nursing pads were a joke~! Both times I donated a LOT of milk and will more then likely do that this time.ANyone else have this issue if please any advice would be super awesome!

MrsBentine

Asked by MrsBentine at 8:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hey I am an RN... Most likely that will happen with this child if it happened with the past 2.... donating is good or u could put it in jars or containers and freeze it and when u are trying to weenie this child u can us it.... plus a child can have breast milk anytime of there life it is good for them and helps them grow .... it is way better then whole milk... how old are ur other boys? message me if u have any more questions i can be of help with
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 8:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Laniosah nursing pads worked great. I liken them to the super thin maxi. : ) I also slept topless on a towel at night because the pads would never stay in place and I would soak through anyway. Just a few suggestions. Congratulations on your impending birth!!

Anonymous

• what kind of breast pads were u using? I had a similar situation with leaking like that and the disposable pads didn't work for me even if I doubled them. I ordered cloth pads from a catalog and doubled up on them, they worked really well, and u just wash them and reuse was cheaper and more efficient than disposable pads.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 8:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i used disposables and had to use like 3 rags on each tit and it soaked through all fast.
    MrsBentine

Answer by MrsBentine at 8:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Don't pump or squeeze the milk out, but do catch it is a clean container to store/donate. Pumping tells your body to make more milk. This happened to me too. This isused your milk regulating. I bought some cheap dollar store washclothes and layered twos then folded into quarters. It worked. For going out, I used cloth breastpads with PUL and also a wool or fleece one next to my bra for back up. It worked great. Sposies suck and are expensive.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I found some things at a breastfeeding store called LilyPadz. They go around the nipple and seal it off so instead of having to absorb the milk, they actually keep it inside the breast. Don't know if they'd work for you but they'd be worth a shot. Good luck!
    drtkdcrty

Answer by drtkdcrty at 6:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008