Breech??

What month does baby usually flip head down? This baby has been breech pretty much 100% of the pregnancy. And I just found out I am having my third boy!!!

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 12:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My babies were head down at my 5 month u/s and stayed that way. The bundle I am carrying right now is laying sideways at 5 months. so of course I am as concerned of a breech pregnancy as you are. I am confused how a baby full term can do a flip when there is little to no room to even wiggle. I do not want a c-section.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My first didn't flip until about 34-36 weeks. My second was head down from the beginning. There's not really a normal for that. All that matters, really, is baby's position during labor. Any time before that (and even during labor, really -- any time before baby is engaged in the birth canal is what I should say), there's still time to move. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• um... i might be crazy but how is a baby breech throughtout the whole pregnancy if they dont flip upside down till later on? lol. i know it's towards the end but cant remember what month sorry. look it up anywhere online i'm ure it's easy to find. congrats on your clan of little men!
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They can turn anytime. You can be in labor and they could turn.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It really depends on the pregnancy, average is between 30-34 weeks but some don't flip until labor and some don't flip at all. There are some things you can do to encourage optimal positioning. Visit the spinningbabies.com website, it's very informative and helpful.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Give him time. My first was breech and I just opted for a C-sec, this time I left the issue alone and he turned on his own at 40 weeks (39) depending on which due date of mine you go off of. I did have the Websters Technique done 3x @35-36/36-37 weeks, I also did moxa therapy and used pustilla.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 12:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011