Should I let my son around my boyfriend?

My boyfriend is only 16 but he seems really interested in taking a part of my sons life. I know he's young, so it makes me uneasy, but when he's amazing with my son.

Alyann94

Asked by Alyann94 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• ummm how old are you? no being rude, just curious
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No. I think you need to concentrate on your son more then a boyfriend. No 16 yr is looking to play house. Don't let your son get attached to someone that will leave.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• This needs more details-- How old are you? How old is your son?
    AutumnJade412

Answer by AutumnJade412 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• 16 as well and my son is 16 months old.
    Alyann94

Comment by Alyann94 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

Agreed. Though, more often than not, a 16 year old boy is not going to stick around. I have plenty of friends and their 20 something bf's won't stick around even when it's ACTUALLY their child. Be careful.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't have my boyfriend around my son yet. You need to know how serious this boyfriend is. Give yourself time to get to know him, you must protect your son from getting to know your boyfriend and then having him walk away. I hate to say it that way, but thats honest. Once you have been dating your boyfriend for a while and you know he is going to stick it out, then you can introduce them, just take it slow even then.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No. I think you need to concentrate on being a mother and finishing school right now. There is a very good chance this "boy" is not going to be in your life for long so you don't need to bother bringing him into your son's life, or anyone for that matter.
    Anonymous

• I would wait... alot of times young relationships don't las long... you don't want your son geing attached to someone that is not going to be around for long
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I don't want to seem like a downer but you shouldn't even have time for a bf. Your child needs all of your attention and focus. They are only this age once and you'll regret losing time with him for a bf who probably won't be around later in life. enjoy your motherhood and your young son because you have a long time for bfs. Good luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Whoever posted anonymous, Ive finished school, Im living on my own, taking college courses, and working. Being told that I need to focus more on that is a little rought to be told, when you have no clue on what is going on. Everyone else, thank you.
    Alyann94

Comment by Alyann94 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011