Al Gores Response to Bill O'Reilly's question. Thoughts?

I had to chuckle

An Answer for Bill February 1, 2011 : 11:43 AM

Last week on his show Bill O’Reilly asked, “Why has southern New York turned into the tundra?” and then said he had a call into me. I appreciate the question.

As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now and they say that increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming:

“In fact, scientists have been warning for at least two decades that global warming could make snowstorms more severe. Snow has two simple ingredients: cold and moisture. Warmer air collects moisture like a sponge until it hits a patch of cold air. When temperatures dip below freezing, a lot of moisture creates a lot of snow.”

“A rise in global temperature can create all sorts of havoc, ranging from hotter dry spells to colder winters, along with increasingly violent storms, flooding, forest fires and loss of endangered species.”

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• “A rise in global temperature can create all sorts of havoc, ranging from hotter dry spells to colder winters, along with increasingly violent storms, flooding, forest fires and loss of endangered species.”

So, so NO matter WHAT happens, they have covered their ass to make sure it can ALL be blamed on global cooling... Errrrrrrrr wait that was the '70's... Global Warming.. Errrrrrrrrrr no, that was the 90's.. Ohh right, CLIMATE change... Yea, that's it.. That's the ticket!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• The so called scientists never predicted that until the global cooling put a glitch in the global warming scam.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Of course, the important thing is to keep those research dollars flowing in from the people set to profit off the ignorant public. Only problem, the public isn't all ignorant.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Scientifically speaking he is correct, Global warming causes an increase of water vapors in our atmosphere (higher temp allows more water to be "held" in the atmosphere) and as it reaches the higher levels of the troposphere it cools which causes increased level of precipitation (snow and rainfall) as well as greater varience in atmospheric pressure that causes more frequent or more intense weather.

Now as for "Global warming" itself, well it's due most often to a combination of differing factors of which human causes is on the low end of the spectrum(it does have an effect but not significant enough to cause global warming at the rate we are seeing, which is caused more by natural phenomenum.) Now that does not mean we should continue to pollute and use our resources at will. We should be more concienscious of our effect on the environment and ways to reduce our waste but it will not seriously affect our generation. cont..
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I find that interesting.
    When I was younger, we had a lot of snow/ice in the winter. As I got older, we had less and people began to blame global warmer. Then we had a few bad winters in the early 90's and then we went to the hardly no snow thing again and again, people brought up global warming. Now we are back with the ice and snow in winters thing and BAM!! Now it's a global warming issue as well.

maybe it's just winter

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Future generations however, will have to be more aware of their effect on the earth. So I don't see why we shouldn't start now and get in the habit of taking care of our earth so that others will have it to enjoy when we are gone.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You said it grly, "climate change"!!!  And since we have climate change constantly, I guess Al skipped over that part somehow...

This article is from 1-10-2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1242011/DAVID-ROSE-The-mini-ice-age-starts-here.html

"According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre in Colorado, Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007 – and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute this…"

…"We have such a change now and can therefore expect 20 or 30 years of cooler temperatures."

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Apparently what they already did, worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d70iXVN5EVM&feature=player_embedded#
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Never heard so much BS in my life as I have read in this post.
    Climate Disruption my ass.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• lmao I remember my mom telling me in the '70's that they were afraid there was going to be another ice age. I call bullshit on all the "work" that Al Gore has done. He's nothing more than an idiot that just needs to shut the hell up. As a pp said it's called Climate change and the world has been doing that since it was created billions of years ago.
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 2:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011