What motivates you to clean house?

I don't seem to have the energy nor the ambition to clean. Any advice. I am in second trimester but still seem tired all the time.

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I live in "pop-over-ville," so I'm accustomed to keeping the main floor "pop-over" ready--that's motivation enough for me!! The bedrooms and basement, I get to when I have the time.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The only time I am ever motivated to clean my house is when I know there are going to be people over......But that dosnt happen often so I just crank up the music and get to it....once i start i always want to finish it its just the getting started thing i have trouble with lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I just feel better when it's clean.
    Also, my SO is never in a bad mood when he comes home to a clean house. :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I've seen how much a family can get torn apart by a dirty house and I've seen what the state can do if they come in and deam it unfit. One of my friends fought the state for almost a year and a half.
    Something you might see about is having someone come in 2 times a week for like a hour just to help you. A college student or maybe a teen or even a neighbor.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I find cleaning very cathartic. It's a wonderful release of pent up energies and especially fun to do when I'm angry about something. It's amazing how much I get done when I'm angry...LOL.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Company coming.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Either company coming or when I get mad I clean the kitchen.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• a 5 hr energy drink made me crazy clean the other night.. otherwise I only get motivated recently since we've had the house up for sale... I want to teach my son the importance of cleaning and picking things up which also helps.. if you don't have your child yet and this is your first, nap lol! cleaning can wait.. I was soo tired when I was pregnant
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I cannot stand messes so that helps me keep my house spotless.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2011