How much to spend...

On a toddler bed?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 1:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• $0 .. I'd go to right to a twin
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• $0. We never used one and I just thought it was a waste of money for something they were only going to use a short time. All 4 of my older ones went straight to a twin or full size bed.

Answer by missanc at 1:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Our DD is on the short side, and we don't feel comfortable putting her in a twin just yet. But we want to transition her to the toddler bed for her 2nd birthday. It's not really a problem for us to spend on it. I just wanted to know the average if what people spend on them, in general.
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm with you, the one like I posted is pretty close to the ground, my ds has no problem getting in and out of it and he is not quite 18months old..they have them in white too :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think each of our girls were $200 or $300 each
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think you can pick a decent one up for about $75. I wouldn't spend much more than that, they are only in them for a few years.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would definitely get one. My LO used hers until last week. A total of two years. I sold mine on Craigslist for $50 with the mattress. I have seen them at garage sales for $10 and free from Freecycle.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think it's completely up to you. I've used toddler beds with all of mine; I think they are cute and they don't take up too much floor space. We have one that looks like a VW bug and one that looks like a Firetruck. I don't remember how much the VW bed cost because I bought it for my now 14 year old before she turned two. The Firetruck bed cost about $275. I've seen both listed for sale on Craigslist for over $100, so I expect I'll be able to sell them if I want. My oldest used her toddler bed for over 3 years, and I expect her little sister will be using it for over 2 years, so I definitely don't see it as a waste. When my twins outgrow their toddler beds I plan to put them in separate rooms and buy double or queen beds, and I expect I'd be doing that even if I'd bought twin beds instead.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I got one for free. If I hadn't, he'd be in a twin we already have.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 4:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011