HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF....

if you had a all cousins reunion getaway to vegas ........

the same weekend that it's ur son's birthday would you go or not? this is the third year they do this. i haven't gone at all because it just so happens to land on my sons birthday. First it was Friday, then sat then this year it's on a Sunday. all my cousins tell me who cares just go you will celebrate his birthday the following weekend. blah blah blah.....ur just making excuses.... i told them nooo..... i said why don't you change the date, and he said well we all agreeded on the date all ready. i said yah except for me. it bugs me because they put it all over my facebook profile. and when they see me all they do is gain up on me... is it me or what?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• If I wanted to see and hang out wit everybody I would go. I would just plan a birthday celebration for before or after.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I guess me personally I would go and celebrate my child's birthday the following weekend, or the weekend before. I never have my daughter's birthday party on the day of her birthday because it falls on the day after the opening day of hunting season and since all my family are hunting nuts, I compromise and have her birthday at a different time because they want to be able to hunt and celebrate her birthday. Either way, my kids gets a party and everyone gets to attend.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well if you all agreed you wouldnt have this problem right lol I understand where you are comming from they need to respect your decision and change the date.
    x3.babymama.x3

Answer by x3.babymama.x3 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• How old is your son? If he's old enough (or too young) to understand and you've already missed this trip because to stay for the past few years then I'd do it. Or tell your cousins to pick a different day next year and go then.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Do they not really want you to go? Do you really want to go? If I were close with my cousins, I would go this year, and tell them that you would like to be included in the planning for next year. Your son will understand - and bring him back a special surprise :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i would stay home with my child hey but next year you can go since his bday will be during the week
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 2:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• they bug you because it is important to them that you go. if they had no intentions of bugging you about it then they wouldnt care.

i have 4 kids and i would switch dates for thier bdays if something came up, i never do thier bdays on their date anyway. i even move the times of their bdays just so a family member can make it.

If these cousins work and they all did it on a day that works for them, that is why they rather do it the days they have planned. If you dont want to go, then just keep your son's bday as planned, they dont want to be mean about it, they just dont see what the huge deal it is to change the date.

and yes i would change it and go, done it plenty of times anyway.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• How old is your son? Is he a toddler and would really miss you not being there, or is he out of school and will be hanging out with others anyway? If your son is little, I would not go, stay home with him, he's only little once and every birthday is so very important to him and you. Your cousins sound as if they are being very selfish in their poking and prodding of you on you fb. Putting your children first is not a selfish thing to do. They are the ones being selfish. In the end it is your decision and no one else. Good luck!
    two_girls

Answer by two_girls at 1:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I understand what you're saying. It is your child's birthday and despite the fact of having the bday party a week before or a week after, you still want to be there on your child's birthday. If you decide not to go this time, ask your cousins if you could do the vegas trip on a different weekend because you want to be with your child.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i wouldnt go. my childs birthday is my childs birthday. plain and simple. if they really wanted you there, they would take it into consideration. how long has it been since they changed the date of the get together? sounds like it has been a few years.... i would try and get them to consider another day so you can have your sons special day with him. i wont give my sons birthday up for anything! if they really care, they will try and set a different day,
    pergowithfirst

Answer by pergowithfirst at 2:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011